Monday, October 06, 2008

James Dean Festival 2008

The Fairmount James Dean Festival is probably my favorite of all festivals. The cars, the music, the era - L-O-V-E it! It's always the last weekend of September. Here are some photos from this year's festival.

Travis is friends with Lenny, the man in the black suit on the left.

This couple worked the crowd! They were having so much fun and it really showed!

Katrina & I watching the dance contest.

"Come on, baby! Let's do the TWIST!"

Our group was rooting so hard for this couple, I had to get my picture with them. I was standing in the middle at first, but Gramps started getting "handsy" in jest, so I moved to the outside and told him to get "handsy" with his wife! Haha!

This was on the side of a building in downtown Fairmount. It made me smile.



The grave of the legend.



A car show is not a car show unless you have some with flames on the sides!

James Dean Tribute - a replica of the car he died in. You can see a red car in the back ground. He actually drove this car to his prom. It is still owned by his family.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

The older couple, that you took your picture with, dances at our housing edition during some weeknights. They ride their tandem bike and bring a portable cd player. They dance on the basketball courts. We also run into them every Saturday at the Fishers Farmers Market. My wife showed me this blog and we were both laughing! Glad you got to meet them, too!!!

Unknown said...

Cool pictures! The cars look great and it must have been fun to see the dancing! I remember going to the James Dean festival when I was at IWU! :) Thanks for posting this- good memories!