Friday, June 20, 2008

Changes

A day in the life of the Stewart household is changing. No, I'm not pregnant. Three step-children are enough to keep me busy (and are a good reminder to take my birth control). :) Travis and I are now actively pursuing moving to Fort Wayne. We have been updating his resume and will send it out to various corporations at the Fort in the next week or so. He will finish his Bachelor's degree sometime this fall, aiming for December graduation. I've been looking at houses online for us to purchase. I have found several I like so hopefully the inside will be just as nice as the outside.

This weekend, we will be going to Lowe's to purchase some "finishing touch" items for our house to put it up on the market: new baseboards and trim for our master bedroom, a new carpet strip, and possibly some railing and spindles for the front porch. There are several small projects that we need to finish and I'm eager to get them done.

I joined a gym. This is the first time in my life I've ever joined a gym or committed to working out on a regular basis. So far, I've lost 3 pounds. It doesn't sound like much, but I only want to lose 15 total. The Wellness Center in Marion gives you a personal training session when you join. It's nice to see results and progress!

This weekend, the Stewart house will have lots of visitors. Clayton and Jerusha Genth (friends from college) are coming to stay with us tonight, along with my friend Melissa from Fort Wayne and probably my cousin Jonathan. We're going to see/hear my friend Jesse's band play. I know Jesse from my days at IWU as well. Tomorrow will be filled with the small house projects I mentioned to put our house up for sale. Sunday we are meeting up with my friend Christin and her family for a cookout. It's been years since I've seen them and I'm really excited to catch up! Christin and I grew up together in church and then went to high school and college together. I'm really excited!

Pictures to come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Kristi! That's exciting that you’re thinking about moving to Ft. Wayne! I’m so pumped that you joined a gym! I was a total gym virgin too, but now it’s kind of taken over my life! I need to tone it back a bit after this fitness challenge is over, though. Too much is not good for you either. Congrats on the 3lb loss! That’s awesome! It takes a lot of work to lose 3 lbs- and you’re probably gaining muscle too, so you’ll soon be shrinking away! How was the concert this weekend? Aw, it must have been great to see Jesse again!

Jennifer said...

Yay!! Fort Wayne means that you are 1 hour closer:) I'm so excited for you guys. We will be praying for you while you sell your house, job search, and new home search! How exciting:)

Miss you:)

Unknown said...

MORE POSTS! I miss reading your blog!