Thursday, August 23, 2007

Please Pray

My dad called me around 9pm last night and said that my Grandpa Fields had been admitted into Marion General Hospital and the next 24 hrs were very critical. His kidneys are not working properly, thus, he is not able to use the restroom as he needs to. His body is holding onto all the fluid, thus making his body swell. It is also making it very difficult for him to breathe because of the weight and pressure being put on his lungs from the fluid. His blood levels are really low but they can't give him any blood because that is just adding more fluid to his body. Gramps has leukemia, so they were giving him a round of chemo last night to make the white blood cell count go down sot hey could give him blood. He has a very bad heart, too. All that said, please pray for my Grandpa - Charlie Fields - if you think about it. He is a strong Christian and one of the Godliest men I know. It would be (selfishly) devastating to see him go.

On another note, I just found out a few moments ago that one of my childhood friends, Isha, lost her father last week after a long battle with cancer. Please pray for Isha and her family as they go through this. Pray especially hard for salvation for their family. They have been through so much over the past several years and I so desparately want them to know the peace that passes all understanding.

No comments: