Friday, July 20, 2007

Megan got married!

The last weekend in June, I traveled down to Lexington, KY, for Megan (Porter) Marcum's wedding. Megan gave me the opportunity to do all of her floral arrangements for the wedding. I was in a chilly basement with my iPod for 8 hours cutting, binding, taping, and hot-gluing 1 bride's bouquet, 1 groom's boutonniere, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 15 corsages, 13 boutonnieres, 2 grandmother's flowers, and LOTS of gerbera daisies (too many to count). This gave me great practice on doing my own flowers in October (I know, I'm crazy!)!



The Bridesmaids bouquets

The boutonnieres


The corsages

Megan's Bouquet


Reception centerpieces


Here comes the bride! Megan's face was one of sheer terror when the doors were first opened for her to walk down the aisle. It was pretty horrific and funny all at the same time. I loved how her dad was talking to her to help her keep her sanity! Too cute! Congrats Andrew and Megan Marcum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job! I especially like Megan's bouquet. I can't believe you're doing your own flowers. You are CRAZY, girl!! :)

kristenlea47 said...

That is an amazing job with the flowers. That's awesome. Guess I know who to call if any guy is every insane enough to marry me.

Megan looks so cute too... but she pretty much always does!

Jennifer said...

AWESOME job on the flowers! They are absolutely beautiful!!